Getting Fit and Staying Active
Getting fit and staying active can be a challenge for many of us. Here are 5 tips to increase your success rate for getting fit and staying active
- Be Consistent – set dates and times to work out or get outdoors for a walk/run.
- Follow a Routine that Works – Take time to meet with a trainer who can customize and individual plan that meets your needs. Need to get ready for that half marathon? Want to lose 20 pounds for the high school reunion? Just looking to bulk of or slim down for the summer? Personal trainers are the way to go. Whether it’s just a few sessions or a regular arrangement, work with your trainer to meet your individual goals and individual needs.
- Set Goals – If you do not have a target destination, it’s hard to stay on track. Knowing what you want to do (ie lose 10 pounds, lower blood sugar, run 5K) is key to this. Visit www.drivesuccess.com to learn more about goal setting and use of dream cards to inspire and motivate you. Keeping the goal right in front of you and saying out loud morning and night iss one way to guarantee success.
- Get a Friend Involved – The more you involve others, the less likely you are to back out of the commitment to you and to yourself. This is true not only for working out, but for all aspects of life. Cancelling on a friend is hard, so set the date and stick to it.
- Get Inspired – There is nothing worse than not being inspired to take on a new challenge. Again, know what you want to achieve and when you reach it, reward yourself. Perhaps it’s a small reward for your first 5K or something bigger for completing your first fitness competition. Having a goal to work toward and a reward for hitting that goal will vastly improve your odds of success.
Finally, remember to have fun with it. Life is full of stress, so make getting fit and staying active fun and engaging. Taking time to better yourself will improve your health, help you feel better, and more importantly, make you a happier person.